Monday, February 25, 2013

Salvador Dali

I don't think I've ever talked about my favourite painter in the world, Salvador Dali. Dali was a skilled draftsman, best known for the weird looking images in his surrealist work. His best-known work, The Persistence of Memory, was completed in 1931, which is one of my favourites in his collection.

 Dali's expansive artistic collection includes film, sculpture, and photography, worked together with a range of artists in a variety of media. Dali's high imagination drew so much attention to his works all the time and uniqueness to his work that I don't think anyone else could try to be like him because it won't be the same meaning behind paintings. My personal favourite is, The Meditative Rose, completed in 1958. I find myself so attached to this painting of his the most. More in a personal way but it kind of gives me that relaxing feel but it's not because of the name of the painting. It could be called something else and still give me that relaxed feeling.
 
So last semester, I made a n exhibit project based on him. I think it would be the most enjoyable project I ever worked on because of my knowledge about his paintings and meanings behind all the work he had done, and I kept learning more as I did more research about him at the time. Sometime this year I would really like to go visit the Dali Museum in Florida in the U.S. I want to see all of his brush strokes up close, as silly as it sounds it fascinates me.

No comments:

Post a Comment